Following the leadership of foundress, Mother Mary Theresa Dudzik, since 1898 the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago have responded to the needs of God’s people and have served in various ministries, including education. They opened Madonna High School in 1949 at the corner of Belmont and Pulaski. The school’s mission was to provide high quality Catholic secondary education to young women. For more than 50 years, Madonna High School kept this mission alive, at one time serving as many as 1,200 students. The Madonna Foundation represents all the best of Madonna High School’s proud traditions.
Link to Franciscan Sisters’ website: https://www.chicagofranciscans.org/