Facts and Figures: The Madonna Difference
The Madonna Foundation is proud to carry on the legacy and mission of Madonna High School, serving Chicago’s young urban women by providing them with access to a high-quality Catholic secondary education.
The Foundation represents all the best of Madonna High School’s proud traditions and continues to make a difference in the community.
- Since its founding in 2001, the Madonna Foundation has awarded 1,176 scholarships totaling over $2.6 million in scholarship awards.
- Over the past 12 years, 99.9% of our senior year scholars have graduated from high school, and 97% of them have pursued higher education.
- For the 2015-16 school year, the Madonna Foundation has 55 scholars at 5 different all-girl Catholic Schools.
- The average scholarship for the 2015-16 school year is approximately $2,727 for a total award amount of $150,000.
- The majority of our scholars are from minority backgrounds.
- 68% of scholars for the 2013-14 school year identify themselves as Catholic, with an additional 16% identified as Christian.
- The average income per person from a scholar’s family is $8,000 per year.
- For fiscal year 2016, 95% of the operating budget is reserved for programming and scholarship expenses.