Facts and Figures: The Madonna Difference
The Madonna Foundation is proud to carry on the legacy and mission of Madonna High School, serving Chicago’s underserved and at risk young women by providing them with access to a high-quality Catholic secondary education.
The Foundation represents all the best of Madonna High School’s proud traditions and continues to make a difference in the community.
- Since its founding in 2001, the Madonna Foundation has awarded over 1,200
- scholarships totaling over $2.7 million in scholarship awards
- Over the past 16 years, 99.7% of our scholars have graduated from high school, and 99.6% of them have pursued higher education
- For the 2017-18 school year, the Madonna Foundation has 48 scholars at five all-girl Catholic High Schools serving the Chicago area.
- 80% of our Scholars are from minority backgrounds
- 54% of our Scholars come from single–parent homes
- 82% of our scholars will be the first in their family to obtain a four year post-secondary degree
- The average scholarship for the 2017-18 school year is approximately $2,717
- The average per person income in a scholar’s family is $7727 per year ( only 27% of the average income per person for the state of Illinois)